Friday 4 April 2008

Daffodils

Spring always arrives for me with the arrival of the daffodils, all over the city as volunteers raise funds for the Cancer Society. I was well into adulthood when I saw a real daffodil and I was struck by its beautiful form and colour. Spring can take a while arriving, but the daffodils come out and smile in all their radiance, promising you warmer weather. The hyacinths and crocuses all come out at this time too, and they are just as beautiful, but daffodils are the most cheerful of all, at least I think so. So this week's picture is just that..my daffodils coming up in my little garden. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Songshards said...

Wow - are they from your garden? Beautiful!
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

Songshards said...

Sorry - I should have said that that was Wordsworth's and not mine - but then I thought everyone'd know that.

The Dork said...

That is beautiful SS. The picture of the flowers itself are not from my garden, but the picture of the week shows my daffodils making their way out of hibernation :-). It is very exciting. Thanks for sharing that poem.